The wigs available today can be broadly classified into synthetic hair wigs and real hair wigs. Just as the names imply, synthetic wigs are made with artificial hair while actual hair extenions are made of real human hair. There are pros and cons for both these Deep Wave Wig wig types. For instance, actual tresses is more expensive, longer lasting and more natural-looking than synthetic hair. However, human hair wigs need to be styled more often. In the same way, synthetic wigs are cheaper, remain styled for longer, are easier to maintain and dry faster than human hair wigs. However, they are also more susceptible to damage especially when used with hot styling tools since heat can melt synthetic hair.
So the debate, regarding which wig type is better, continues. In general people agree that real hair hairpieces are second to none when it comes to looking natural. Synthetic wigs score better in terms of price. Let us take a closer look into the advantages and disadvantages of both these wig types:
- Comfort: A synthetic wig does not permit air circulation and can make the scalp perspire. Real hair extensions are comparatively more comfortable.
- Natural feel: Real extensions look and feel natural since they are after all made from real human hair.
- Change styles: The style of a authentic hair extension can be easily and regularly changed. That makes this wig a good choice for anyone who wears the wig on a daily basis. It would seem natural to sport a different look every once in a while.
- Use of styling tools: With actual tresses extensions, you can use almost all kinds of hot styling tools such as blow dryers and curling irons. This is absolutely impossible in the case of synthetic wigs since heat can damage synthetic hair beyond repair.
- Colouring the hair: The real hair wig can be dyed and styles as per your choice. However, remember that dyeing the wig more than a couple of times can seriously damage it
- Durability: If properly cared for, authentic hair wigs outlast synthetic ones.
- Risk of damage from heat sources: Heat can prove disastrous for synthetic hair. However, with real hair wigs, you can forget worries of damage to your wig while around heat sources such as fireplaces, barbecues and hot ovens.
- Maintaining the style: Even after it has been washed, a synthetic wig will maintain its style. However, a real hair wig will have to be styled after every wash.